A number of additional safety improvements measures, including a speed limit reduction, are set to be introduced on part of the A507.
Along the A507 between Clophill and Chicksands, Bedfordshire Police recorded one fatal accident, five serious injuries and two slight injury accidents during the last three years. This led to a report being put forward and passed, which includes reducing the speed limit from 60mph to 50mph.
Improvement measures which will be introduced include:
- Installing bollards on verges to highlight junctions and access to Beadlow Manor
- Adding more ‘Think Bike’ signs
- Changing the maximum speed signs at ‘Eagles bend’ to 40mph from 50mph
- Painting yellow chevron markings on the bends near Warren Lane
- Refreshing existing ‘SLOW’ signs and rumble strips
The report was passed at a traffic management meeting, which also heard that a route study of the A507 has begun, and this will focus on analysis of the major roundabout junctions on the section between the A6 at Clophill and the A1 at Baldock.