Following the announcement of the Prime Minister this afternoon, Central Bedfordshire’s tier rating will move from three to four from midnight tonight.
Whilst the government website is yet to be updated, the additional restrictions associated with this change will be:
- People are advised not to enter tier four areas and residents in this tier must not stay overnight away from home.
- People should work from home where possible. When this is not possible, people are still able to travel to work.
- Non-essential shops will be shut.
- Beauty services such as hairdressers and nail bars will also be shut.
- Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms and swimming pools will be shut.
- Indoor entertainment (e.g. cinemas and bowling alleys) will continue to be closed.
- In terms of contacts, one person can meet with one other person from a different household, but must do so outdoors and not in private gardens.
These restrictions will also apply across the Christmas period.
To keep up to date with the latest information, please check the government website www.gov.uk.
Share this information
You can help us by sharing this information as widely as possible, through your social media and WhatsApp groups.
You can share quickly and easily via the share now button below.