The National Careers Service team, part of BESS Adult Learning, is continuing to provide residents with careers advice. This can include career direction, course advice, CV writing, job search, application forms and interview advice.
This service is free and open to anyone over the age of 19 years old. It is also available to 18 year olds who are not in education, employment, or training.
Appointments take place over the phone or using Microsoft Teams video calling.
Success stories from recent months:
- Caroline was furloughed and wanted to use her time to train for a different role. We were able to produce an action plan to help her get into a Teaching Assistant role. She is now completing a ‘Support Work in Schools and Colleges’ qualification and Functional Skills Maths.
- Chris was looking for a handyman role. His advisor supported him with his application form and interview. He was offered the job and is really pleased to be back in work.
How we can help with one-to-one support
Are you unemployed and looking for work and need one-to-one support to move forwards?
Have you been furloughed and want to talk to someone about career options?
Are you worried about redundancy and want to upskill or prepare for your next career move?
Do you need to build skills for work or work towards a qualification?
We can help with:
- Identifying your skills and areas for development
- Finding online courses to help you develop your skills
- Making improvements to your CV
- Making job applications
- Interview preparation
For employment support, provide your details online then one of our advisors will contact you to arrange one-to-one help and support. Alternatively you can email us at NCS@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or call 0300 300 8110