Is your local Covid-secure
What to look out for
Sadly we have had numerous reports about businesses who don’t follow the rules and where appropriate we are taking enforcement action including prosecution.
But residents can also play their part by simply refusing to spend their money with a business that puts profit before health.
All pubs, restaurants and cafes have had to take customer contact details, by law, since Friday 18 September for NHS Test and Trace. And from Thursday 24 September good businesses will also need to display the COVID-19 App QR code.
But there are other measures businesses must be taking to keep their customers and everybody else as safe as possible.
So here is what to look out for, primarily in pubs, restaurants and cafes but the measures like screens and cleaning should be at the heart of every business during COVID-19.
Supporting test and trace:
- Is it recording customer details for test and trace? This must include the NHS QR code from Thursday 24 September
- Has it introduced (where possible) a booking system? Or is controlling customer numbers at the door?
- Has it measures to socially distance any queue?
- Has it introduced no service at the bar/counter with food and drink brought to customers’ tables only? Customers must be seated while eating and drinking.
Avoiding close contact with staff:
- Are staff wearing visors/face coverings when close to customers i.e. while serving food?
- Are customers wearing them except when eating and drinking?
- Have they introduced automatic ordering of food and drinks via a downloaded smart phone app – where possible!
Hand washing and cleaning:
- Are there facilities for increased handwashing and/or hand sanitiser at key points especially at the entrance?
- Is there regular cleaning of surfaces? Such as cleaning the table and chairs between customer use in a restaurant.
Get a free NHS test today to check if you have coronavirus Anyone with coronavirus symptoms can get a test.
Coronavirus symptoms are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
You can get a test for someone you live with if they have these symptoms. Do not get tests for people you live with who do not have these symptoms.
Stay at home if you have symptoms
If you are getting a test because you have symptoms, you and anyone you live with must stay at home until you get your result.
Anyone in your support bubble must also stay at home.
size=2 width="100%" align=center>
Have you downloaded the NHS COVID-19 App?
The app is available for smartphones only - not tablets, smartwatches or other devices.
To get started, go to Android's Google Play or Apple's App Store and search for "NHS Covid-19".
The handsets must have Android 6.0 (released in 2015) or iOS 13.5 (released in May 2020) and Bluetooth 4.0 or higher. That excludes the iPhone 6 and older versions of Apple's handsets.
Further information is available on the NHS website. This also gives information on how to report an issue or if you have any questions about this product.
Share this information
We need your help to share this information. Click the share now button below to share on your social media and WhatsApp groups.