Images of Felixstowe

Return to previous page 


Environment Agency Recylce Now Logo

Waste & Recycling
Building Development 
Tree Warden 
Street Lighting


Waste Disposal
Central Bedfordshire Council                     Tel: 0300 300 8302

Central Bedfordshire Council is responsible for the collection and disposal of household waste, and currently operate an alternate weekly collection scheme, collecting refuse one week and recycling the next. Each household is provided with separate containers for recyclable and non- recyclable waste.

For details on what can be deposited for collection, and when the bins will be collected, please click on the Central Bedfordshire Council link above.

Glass recycling banks are located at the Memorial Hall and The Green. Recycling banks accept clear, green and brown glass. Remember to rinse your bottles and jars and take the lids off before recycling.

Clothes and shoes recycling bank is located in the Co-op store car park on High Street.  Clothes and shoes must be in good condition.

Housing & Building Development   Back to top

Local Housing Association
Aragon Housing Association, Dunstable Street, Ampthill Tel: 01525 840505

The Local Planning Authority is Central Bedfordshire Council.   (Tel: 0300 300 8692). The Local Planning Authority deals with Planning Applications and the Application Process, Appeals, Planning Committee, Enforcements, Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas and Trees, Planning Policies and the Local Development Frameworks.

The Planning Portal offers a wide range of services and guidance on the planning system. Get guidance on planning permission and submit your planning application online.

Current ongoing larger building developments

The commonly known 'Land South of Stotfold development' is situated on land between the A507 and the rear of High Street. When the area is completed and adopted, the development consists of 650 newly constructed dwellings provided by the developers George Wimpey and Persimmon Homes.


Stotfold Town Council encourages residents to report faults with any of the roads or footways within the town. We will pass the details on to Central Bedfordshire Highways which will be logged for investigation prior to appropriate repairs being made.

Please try to give as much detail as possible, giving the road name, position in the road/footway and size of hole

There are many footpaths and bridleways around the town, some within the main town network, and others going out into the countryside. Central Bedfordshire Council has a Public Rights of Way Officer who deals with footpaths and bridleways and can be contacted on 0300 300 8085.

Central Bedfordshire Council is responsible for many tree works, and can provide advice on whether trees have a Tree Preservation Order on them, and High Hedge Legislation.  The Town Council’s Tree Warden Mrs Mary Cooper (16 Coppice Mead Tel: 01462 733106) can also provide some initial advice and assistance.